Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We got them fancy 24 hour Wal-Marts now...

The Swift Current Wal-Mart, taken during the day
The Wal-Mart store in Swift Current is open 24 hours a day, every day for the 10 days leading up to Christmas Eve. This is day four. I actually got up early this morning and went up there to do some shopping just after 6:00am. I must say it's actually better to shop early in the morning when not many people are in the store with you, rather than during the day, when just about everybody is in the store with you.
The thing is, only the store was open, not the photo centre, the pharmacy, McDonald's in Wal-Mart, the vision centre, or the Tire and Lube Express. Wouldn't there be a few people who would want to go to Wal-Mart and get pictures made, buy drugs, get contacts, get their oil changed and eat a McMuffin, all at four in the morning? But I have nothing but appreciation to the number of staff that volunteered to work such early hours and through the night just before Christmas to make sure everybody gets their shopping done.
I didn't ask, but I think I am the first person in the city to get the Simpsons Movie on DVD, which I purchased at 6:45.32am this morning, unless the Riggers beat me to it.

No comments: