Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What I will be watching (September-November 2007)

Yeah. I'm lame

The new fall TV season is finally upon us, a time that I look forward to every year, when new shows start, and new episodes of my favourite shows that weren't cancelled in the season previous begin. And I am happy to say this year, it's going to be much easier, because today, SaskTel finally, FINALLY!, released their new Digital TV Recorder for Max, which they announced they would do more than a year ago. In the meantime, I bought six VHS tapes in bulk, one for each day of the week except for Saturday (hockey's the only thing on that night, and even though I am a fan, I don't tape games), and taped my shows accordingly, so I could enjoy the nightlife, or work, and watch the shows again over the weekends or during the day. I won't get the updated set-top box with the recorder (yeah, I'm gonna get it. Just called SaskTel tonight.) until between 8:00am and 12:00noon September 13, but even then it will be just before the networks start their seasons.

Last time, I planned my TV schedule, watching or taping at least one show each night. That stuck pretty well, so I am doing it again. Here's how it looks (shows in bold are new, all times are my local time).

Monday:

  • 6:00-6:30pm How I Met Your Mother (E! Hamilton)
  • 6:30-7:00pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS Minneapolis-St. Paul)
  • 7:00-7:30pm Two and a Half Men (CBS Minneapolis-St. Paul)
  • 7:30-8:00pm Corner Gas (CTV Toronto)
  • 8:00-9:00pm CSI: Miami (CTV Toronto)
  • 9:00-10:00pm Chuck (CityTV Edmonton)

Tuesday:

  • 7:00-8:00pm Reaper (CityTV Toronto)
  • 8:00-9:00pm Law & Order: SVU (CTV Toronto)
  • 9:00-10:00pm Pushing Daisies (CTV BC)

Wednesday:

  • 6:30-7:00pm No Opportunity Wasted (CBC Toronto)
  • 7:00-7:30pm Back to You (Global Regina)
  • 7:30-8:00pm 'Til Death (Global Regina)
  • 8:00-9:00pm CSI:NY (CTV Toronto)

Thursday:

  • 6:00-6:30pm My Name is Earl (NBC Boston)
  • 6:30-7:00pm 30 Rock (NBC Boston)
  • 7:00-8:00pm The Office (NBC Boston)
  • 8:00-9:00pm Big Shots (CTV Toronto)
  • 9:00-10:00pm Shark (Global Regina)
  • 10:00-11:00pm CSI:Crime Scene Investigation (CBS Seattle)

Friday:

  • 7:00-8:00pm Friday Night Lights (Global Regina)
  • 8:00-9:00pm Las Vegas (Global Regina)

Sunday:

  • 5:00-6:00pm Viva Laughlin (E! Hamilton)
  • 6:00-6:30pm The Simpsons (FOX Boston)
  • 6:30-7:00pm To be determined
  • 7:00-8:00pm Law & Order: CI (CTV Regina)
  • 8:00-8:30pm Family Guy (Global Regina)

Basically, it will change sometime if a new show gets cancelled and when the time change comes in place in November, moving the shows on the non-local stations to an hour later (Saskatchewan doesn't follow DST). So I'll check back on it in around that time.

4 comments:

beep said...

Highly recomend watching Pushing Daises in October.

Las Vegas...really?

Colin said...

I forgot about Pushing Daisies. I'll add that.

Yes, Las Vegas, really. Magnum's gonna be on it this year

beep said...

Corner Gas just hit the US. It's funny.

Colin said...

Glad you think that.