Thursday, June 26, 2008

It starts today...



Frontier Days 2008 is this weekend! Hopefully I don't lose money to carnies or lose my lunch on the rides. I'll be in the safety of the All-new Great West Chrysler and RV Mobile Studio for most of the weekend, or until someone buys it, which hasn't happened yet but could.

Lately, I have been watching the Euro 2008 Soccer Championship. I never watch soccer unless it is for a major championship like the World Cup or the club Champions League because soccer in most other circumstances is boring. Now, I think the game is a lot rougher than I first thought.

Yesterday's semi-final between Germany and Turkey had two players suffer a nasty collision in the first half, and both players sustained injuries requiring stitches. Usually in some sports, especially hockey, if you get cut bad enough, you go into the back to get stitches, but the Turkish player got repaired with a staple gun, right on the touch line!



May, or may not be the staple gun used (photo by homedepot.ca)

I don't know what to say. I get squeamish watching ER, and I have to see someone get stapled during a soccer match?

No comments: