Saturday, July 21, 2007

Do You Agree?: The 10 greatest Simpsons Endings Ever, according to VH1

It seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry in the Blogosphere is making up Simpsons lists in time for the release of The Simpsons Movie. I wouldn't be able to make any sort of a shortlist of my favourite episodes or moments, nor will any other lists reflect my choices exactly. But you can't help but see them try.

I found another at VH1's Best Week Ever website. It lists their 10 best Simpsons endings.


10 - You Only Move Twice - Homer owns the then mediocre Denver Broncos as a gift from a former employer

9 - Mom and Pop Art - Homer floods Springfield to make a mini-Venice

8 - The Otto Show - "Hail to the Bus Driver..."

7 - Home Sweet Home-Diddly-Dum-Doodily - "Ol' Painty-can Flanders!"

6 - Lisa's First Word - Maggie's First Word

5 - Treehouse of Horror IV - An homage to this classic ending

4 - Duffless - "Raindrops keep falling on my head..."

3 - Lisa's Wedding - "I ate seven pounds of fudge... [and] I rode the teacups"

2 - Bart Gets an Elephant - Stampy's a jerk

1 - And Maggie Makes Three - "Do[n]'t for[get, you're] her[e forever]"


I don't know about you, but I honestly have nothing bad at all to say about this. Good work VH1. I may not get your channel due to legal technicalities, but you have earned my respect.

No comments: