Thursday, September 27, 2007

Another name change to get used to.




The major ice rink in Swift Current, the city-operated Centennial Civic Centre, is currently on the home stretch of major renovations. Everything's changing with it. More seating, new luxury boxes, even a new name.

Innovation Credit Union just bought the naming rights to the arena for $600,000 over ten years. Therefore, the Centennial Civic Centre will henceforth be known as...


Picture from scbroncos.com

The Credit Union iplex.

Don't ask me what I think of the name, because in the end I have nothing against it. It is an odd name, but if you had $600,000 that went entirely and directly to capital improvements to the rink, you can call it whatever you wish.

Plus, the name couldn't be Innovation Place or Credit Union Centre, and I seriously can't think of a better name. I bet you can't either.

No comments: